By Edwin C. Laru-an
Ryne Emman P. Ebacuado is a bemedalled athlete of the CPU Golden Lions.
Our featured athlete for this week comes from the Badminton Secondary Boys Team:
Name: Ryne Emman P. Ebacuado
Grade/year: Grade 10
Sport: Badminton Secondary Boys
Coach: Jobert Pillado
Hometown: Molo, Iloilo City
• Gold Integrated Meet 2015 -2016
• 2016-2017 WVRAA Silver and Bronze medalist,
• Gold medalist mixed doubles
• Gold 2017 Dinagyang tournament under 13
• 2016 Palarong Pambansa qualifier, Albay
• Silver medalist Dinagyang Badminton Tournament 2018 level C
• Bronze medalist PRISAA 2018
• Pohang Maskara Fetival 2019 silver medalist 17 under and silver medalist19 under
• Silver medalist 18 under boys doubles 14th Daily Guardian Badminton Tournament
• Bronze medalist singles and Silver medalist mixed doubles PRISAA.2019
• Gold medalist 14 under doubles and Gold medalist 17 under doubles 1st Jordan Guimaras Badminton Tournament
• Gold medalist 15 under boys singles and Gold medalist 17 under boys doubles 1st Jordan Guimaras Badminton Tournament
Hobbies: Volleyball, hangout with friends, watching anime and badminton.
Favorite Player: Lee Chong Wei and Carolina Marin.
Most memorable Game:
I think all of the games that I’ve been through are memorable and meaningful for me. Every time I step into the court I forget all my problems, and I also gained new friends. Because of this, my life has become more fun and significant.
Principle in life: Trust in the Lord, for anything is possible. Have a dream, make plans and be determined for we are the captain of our own destiny.
What can you say as a player of CPU Golden Lions:
Of course, I’m so very thankful for the wonderful opportunity to be part of the CPU Golden Lions Badminton Team. I thank God for the talents that he has given me. CPU has taught me lessons that I can apply in my daily life as a sports enthusiast and an individual. I promise that I will do my best and continue to bring honor and uplift the Central Spirit.
Why did you choose CPU:
I chose CPU because it produces not only quality professionals, outstanding athletes but most of all, God-fearing students. In addition, CPU inspires their students to be independent and resilient that whatever struggles they have experienced in life, they can still stand firm because God is faithful. Lastly, in the future, whatever I’ve reached in life, I will never forget CPU for teaching me to be a productive person.